Sunday, October 29, 2006

I studied this rock in some detail while I sat eating my lunch on a warm sunny Saturday. It was interesting, it drew my interest, even with the great views of Mount Rainier in front of me, as well as Mount Adams, Mount St Helens, Mount Hood in the far distance, and Glacier Peak.



I studied this rock in some detail while I sat eating my lunch on a warm sunny Saturday. It was interesting, it drew my interest, even with the great views of Mount Rainier in front of me, as well as Mount Adams, Mount St Helens, Mount Hood in the far distance, and Glacier Peak. I liked the cairn on top and the color.

Then I noticed it was covered with ladybugs, a surprising discovery on a late fall day. The more I looked, the more I found. I was surprised, you can see that it is cold up here at 6600 feet, notice the patch of snow on the right. (based on the heavy rain in Seattle the nextday, I am sure that this area is covered in snow.
www.flickr.com/photos/brewbooks/281930278/
www.flickr.com/photos/brewbooks/281931455/
www.flickr.com/photos/brewbooks/281936925/
www.flickr.com/photos/brewbooks/281937228/

Finally, it had an interesting variety of lichens.
www.flickr.com/photos/brewbooks/281936292/

So, finding an interesting rock is the reason why I like to get up early and go into the mountains.

i102806 058

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home